Panda Express Restaurant is the McDonalds of Chinese fast food. Their most famous dish is Orange Flavored Chicken. The orange chicken at Panda Express is amazing. it’s so delicious and I can not stop eating. The orange chicken is bite size pieces of chicken, battered and wokked with an orange, chili sauce.
Are you looking for Panda Express recipes? How to make Panda Express Orange Flavored Chicken? Panda Express copycat recipes let you make your own version of their delicious favorites. Only With the bottled sauce, you can make the orange Chicken Fresh which is a lot better than going to their fast food restaurants.
Panda Express Orange Flavored Chicken Recipe
Serves : 4
- 1 lb. chicken breast meat
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cups vegetable oil to be used for frying
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallion
- Cut chicken breast into 1/2-inch cubes, set aside.
- To make marinade – combine egg white, salt and sugar in a bowl and stir vigorously until ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Add chicken cubes to marinade and stir to coat well.
- To make orange sauce – combine water, ketchup, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, 4 teaspoons cornstarch and sesame oil; stir and set aside. Place a pot over high heat. When pot is hot, add the 2tablespoons vegetable oil and heat. Add orange peel and scallion and stir for about 20 seconds, taking care not to burn the orange peel.
- Pour combined sauce ingredients into the pot and cook, stirring frequently, until sauce has thickened, about 12-15 minutes.
- Preheat 4 cups oil to 350-375°F. Meanwhile, put marinated chicken in the plastic baggie containing the cornstarch. Shake chicken well for about 20 seconds or until chicken is covered with cornstarch. Shake off all excess cornstarch and fry chicken in hot oil until golden brown, approximately 2 1/2 minutes. Remove chicken from oil with a slotted spoon, drain well and set aside. Add fried chicken to pot with heated orange sauce, stir for about 30 seconds, and then serve immediately.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Incoming search terms:
- panda express orange chicken recipe, orange chicken recipe, panda express orange chicken, how to make panda express orange chicken, orange chicken panda express recipe, panda express recipes, orange chicken panda express, pandaexpress com/wokking/recipes, orange chicken recipe panda express, how to make orange chicken