Panera Bread Broccoli Cheese Soup has a cheesy robust flavor that will have you eating spoonful after spoonful. Make delicious restaurant quality dishes at home with this free copycat restaurant recipes.
Panera Bread’s Broccoli Cheese Soup Ingredients :
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups chicken stock or bouillon
- 1/2 pound fresh broccoli
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
Panera Bread’s Broccoli Cheese Soup Directions :
Saute onion in butter. Set aside. Cook melted butter and flour using a whisk over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Stir constantly and slowly add the half-and-half (this is called making a roux). Add the chicken stock whisking all the time. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Add the broccoli, carrots and onions. Cook over low heat until the veggies are tender for 20-25 minutes. Add salt and pepper. The soup should be thickened by now. Pour in batches into blender and puree. Return to pot over low heat and add the grated cheese; stir until well blended. Stir in the nutmeg and serve.
Panera Bread’s Broccoli Cheese Soup Serves : 4
Incoming search terms:
- panera broccoli cheese soup recipe, panera bread broccoli cheese soup, panera broccoli cheese soup recipe restaurant recipes, Panera Broccoli & Cheese Soup recipe, broccoli cheese soup panera, restaurant recipes for broccoli, top secret panera bread broccoli cheddar recipe, secret recipe panera brocoli soup, panera broccoli cheddar soup recipe, panera bro broccoli cheese soup recipe