Panera Bread Broccoli Cheese Soup has a cheesy robust flavor that will have you eating spoonful after spoonful. Make delicious restaurant quality dishes at home with this free copycat restaurant recipes.
Panera Bread’s Broccoli Cheese Soup Ingredients :
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups chicken stock or bouillon
- 1/2 pound fresh broccoli
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
Panera Bread’s Broccoli Cheese Soup Directions :
Saute onion in butter. Set aside. Cook melted butter and flour using a whisk over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Stir constantly and slowly add the half-and-half (this is called making a roux). Add the chicken stock whisking all the time. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Add the broccoli, carrots and onions. Cook over low heat until the veggies are tender for 20-25 minutes. Add salt and pepper. The soup should be thickened by now. Pour in batches into blender and puree. Return to pot over low heat and add the grated cheese; stir until well blended. Stir in the nutmeg and serve.
Panera Bread’s Broccoli Cheese Soup Serves : 4
Incoming search terms:
- panera broccoli cheese soup recipe, panera bread broccoli cheese soup, panera broccoli cheese soup recipe restaurant recipes, panera bread broccoli bread, Panera Broccoli & Cheese Soup recipe, panera broccoli cheddar soup recipe, restaurant recipes for broccoli, panerabroheesesoup, broccoli cheese soup panera, panera broccoli cheese soip recipes