This easy copy cat cinnamon roll recipe tastes just like the Cinnabon recipe. Save yourself a lot of money by making your own homemade Cinnabon cinnamon rolls. This was really fun, easy, and tasty.
Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Ingredients
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (105-115 degrees F)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup warmed milk
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 7 cups flour, or more if needed
- 1 cup melted butter, divided
- 1 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- ***Creamy Glaze***
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 tablespoons hot water, more as needed
Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Directions
- In a small bowl mix together warm water, yeast and sugar and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix milk, remaining 2/3 Cup sugar, melted butter, salt and eggs; stir well and add yeast mixture. Add half the flour and beat until smooth. Stir in enough of the remaining flour until dough is slightly stiff (dough will be sticky). Turn out onto a well-floured board; knead 5-10 minutes. Place in well-buttered glass or plastic bowl, cover and let rise in warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk, about 1-1 1/2 hours. When doubled, punch down dough and let rest 5 minutes. Roll out on floured surface into a 15×20″ rectangle.
- Spread dough with 1/2 Cup melted butter. Mix together 1 1/2 Cup sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over buttered dough. Sprinkle with walnuts and raisins, if desired. Roll up jellyroll-fashion and pinch edge together to seal. Cut into 15 slices.
- Coat bottom of a 13×9 inch baking pan and a 8 inch square pan with remaining melted butter, then sprinkle with remaining sugar. Place cinnamon roll slices close together in pans. Let rise in warm place until dough is doubled in bulk, about 45 min. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until rolls are nicely browned. Cool rolls slightly.
- Creamy Glaze: Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix melted butter, powdered sugar and vanilla; add hot water 1 Tablespoon at a time until glaze reaches desired spreading consistency. Spread over slightly cooled rolls.
Incoming search terms:
- cinnabon cinnamon roll recipe, cinnabon cinnamon roll recipe top secret, cinabon cinnamon roll recipe, recipe for a 5 star cinnamon roll recipe, Easy Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Recipe, Cinnamon Rolls Taste Like Cinnabon, cinnamon roll recipes revealed, cinnamon roll recipe restaurant quality, cinnamon roll recipe cinnabon, cinnabon glaze recipesimple